Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 11 of Detox with Standard Process

Today is Day 11 of my detox with Standard Process.  Overall, it's going well.  I feel good, except i have cravings for the bad stuff (I really want pizza!)...  I've continued with a cup of coffee every morning, and drink decaf & herbal teas throughout the day.  (My boyfriend is doing it with me!) Today, I can add protein to my meals.  Amazingly, we went unscathed during Hurricane Sandy this week and were stocked to eat only fruits and vegetables even if we lost power.  So many of my colleagues and friends & family in NY, CT, and NJ are not as lucky as us, so I'm grateful to have my home with power so I can type this message today.

The most frustrating part of this process is having to add another 5 mg of prednisone to my daily medications and I still have pain.  I'm not back on 10 mg, which is still nothing compared to the 30 i was on, but I had a bad day/night yesterday and it hurt so bad that I wanted to take another steroid pill, but I didn't.  I woke up feeling better, albeit still in pain but not the kind that makes you cry. I'm trying to function with minimal steroids and while it's not ridding me of all the pain, at least it's providing a bit of a buffer, and the suffering is becoming the norm anyway, so as long as I can move & the intensity of the pain (the edge of it) isn't keeping me from moving at all, i'm okay.

I still have to function day to day and go to work and use my hands at home, at work.  It's a catch 22, doing every day life still has to happen, but I suffer for it with more pain, more swelling, despite the drugs (steroids, methotrexate, and folic acid).  It's hard to describe to someone what it feels like and how much it hurts...only another person who suffers from it can understand.

Today, I submitted an application to make an appointment with the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion.  Should hear something back in the next few days.  I'm becoming more frustrated and feel this pain will never go away, and while I'll continue to detox and follow the diet plan, i'm not sure this will fix the problem in the short term, e.g., get me off steroids and rid me of the intense pain and debilitation.  I think a good, healthy diet is important and I'll continue with it as it will help me and hopefully i'll be able to do more than just walk for exercise.  I plan to start swimming, too.

I know, I'm not positive today, because I'm frustrated.  I want to understand how and why this silicone is in my body and how long will it take to get rid of it?  When I'm rid of it, will the symptoms disappear or did the silicone kick off my disease and it's here to stay?  Or, will I be dealing with this for the rest of my life and taking medications like Methotrexate, Humira, etc.?  I Just want this to GO AWAY.

Will Mirena ever talk about the silicone side effects that could occur in a woman's body???? Or will that be suppressed as the "outlier" in woman who respond this way to the IUD.  Something has to happen...

Only time can tell....


No comments:

Post a Comment